Streamlining Enterprise Delivery/Production through DevOps automation
Stakater enables scalable application Deployment on the cloud in minutes.
DevOps Architectures are getting more complex, owing to the variety of services introduced by cloud providers, and a multitude of tools available to work on the DevOps pipeline. In any particular application environment, there may be many moving parts such as App Servers, Database Servers, Load Balancers, Health Checks monitors, Continuous Integration and Delivery tools. And to be able to manage multiple server environments for different teams and audiences, configuration and environment management can be quite complex.
- DevOps engineering.
- Infrastructure automation.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment.
In the quest to understand and create an architecture to employ in our DevOps lifecycle, the team at Aurora Solutions felt a lack for an accessible out-of-the-box holistic solution in the industry. The team started to create such a solution, and decided that it should be flexible enough to not only cater to Aurora’s specific needs, but also be generic enough to be useful for other DevOps teams in the global community. And so a roadmap was laid out for Stakater v1.0 and beyond. Stakater envisions to provide built-in support for various cloud vendors, and DevOps tools so as to cater to the particular needs of any development or Ops team that uses it.
Some of the goals of Stakater are:
- Containerization of services in the environment
- Simplify the deployment and management of microservices based applications
- Provide a good set of defaults for infrastructure - all environments i.e. dev, test, prod, etc.
- Make the Amazon cloud (AWS) setup process incredibly simple
- Allow users to easily customize the core abstractions and run their own infrastructure
- Continuous Delivery with zero downtime
- Disposability - create & destroy infrastructure with a single command!