jBilling by AppDirect is a global market leader of complex billing
World’s leading open source billing solution which gives a flexibility and customization options needed for complex billing
“Aurora Solutions have consistently delivered top-quality software and have faithfully adopted and followed all of our development processes. They are technically strong and consistently go above and beyond to do whatever is necessary to make us successful with our customers. They are extremely professional and a pleasure to work with.”
Greg Hitchmough - jBilling Director of Engineering
jBilling wanted to migrate existing data (invoice, payment & customer) processing jobs to spring batch allowing the product to evolve into a highly scalable & efficient system. This change helped jBilling consolidate its role as the market leader. As more business came in, jBilling needed more bandwidth to manage new projects.
- Web Development
- Quality Assurance
- Project Management
- Dedicated teams (developers, QA analysts & project managers) reporting directly to the jBilling managers
- Server-side development in Java, Spring, Hibernate
- Client-side development in HTML, Groovy and jQuery
- Database Server used is PostgreSQL
- QA automation using Selenium & SOAPUI
Our team started by taking up the challenge of re-writing all the data processing jobs in spring batch. After the successful completion and release of this version jBilling saw a surge in business.
Following this resounding success, the involvement of Aurora Solutions’ resources grew and the team continued to work on new features as well as supporting old clients.The team helped complete projects with high profile clients such as the State of Arizona & HP’s DU smart city project. Our teams were also responsible for moving the first 2 clients from the jBilling on-premise installation to their new SaaS offering.
Aurora Solutions continues to execute the product roadmap defined by the product management team at jBilling. The teams work closely with the jBilling management to enhance the reputation of the company and help them reach their business goals year on year. The jBilling by AppDirect management continue to show faith in our teams and we help each other drive growth & revenues.
Our modus operandi that fits pretty well in the jBilling culture:
- The project managers meet & discuss the business requirements with the clients via teleconferencing or onsite workshops. This helps produce detailed requirement & functional documents for every business requirement.
- The team leads work closely with the project manager to understand the requirements and then create low level technical design documents for every business use case.
- The development team takes these designs and produces code deliverables along with automated test cases that are continuously pushed into independent feature branches.
- The code is reviewed for the highest level of quality by team leads before being pulled into the main branches.
- The code is continuously deployed in different (lab) environments which is then tested by the quality assurance team. The continuous deployment engine ensures that all test cases are working as expected before deploying a new build.
- After QA sign-off, the deliverable is sent into the core jBilling release process to be added to the appropriate jBilling release.
- Daily scrum meetings of teams with their managers to discuss their progress.
- Weekly meetings of team leads & managers with their jBilling supervisors to go over their team/project’s progress and planning for the following week.
Engage with us to get started on your plan today!